Perform design, creation, interpretation and management of large datasets to achieve business goals. Responsible for providing database support, maintenance, design, implementation strategy and testing by taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability and maintainability. Interprets data results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining. Works directly with internal and external clients and project and business leaders to identify analytical requirements.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business.
- Develop, design, document, test, implement and manage clinical data collections and reporting systems that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide clinical reports
- Comply with policies, quality assurance, safety and environmental standards
- Ensure data and system security on a daily basis
- Troubleshoot and maintain Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) to various databases and other SQL driven applications.
- Provide support for the internal and external data need
- Create and write SQL queries for reporting database based on customer and internal report specifications
- Produce assigned documentation for internal and external customers
- Utilize issue tracking system to document work according to CCI standards and protocols
- Research, investigate and resolve matter of significance related to duties and responsibilities
- Perform other special projects, duties or changed duties as needed or directed
Core Competencies/Skills:Broad knowledge of hardware and software applications; ability to contribute to a team effort; logical approach to problem solving; good communication skills; attention to detail. Comply with corporate objectives and exhibit professionalism, initiative, accountability and integrity. Excellent oral and written communications skills and English language proficiency. Excellent time management and follow-through skills. Demonstrate critical thinking skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment. Low to moderate noise level.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit for long periods of time; manual dexterity to operate computer; vision requirements include ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision. Ability to hear, speak, read, answer the telephone, reach, bend, stand, walk and stoop. Ability to lift 30 lbs. Travel up to 30% of the time both domestic and international. Occasionally hours may be long, early, late or include the weekend.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. In lieu of a BS, will accept an additional 4 years of related experience.
- Experience with UNIX and PC-based information systems, windows servers and workstations, network interfaces and modern office methods.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL).
- Proficient with scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications.
- Experience with reporting and analytic tools.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain DoD ADP and VA High Risk Background clearance.
Security Clearance: The start of the security clearance process is up to the discretion of the company and may begin no later than the successful completion of the first 90 days of employment, and commensurate with job requirements and the needs of the business. Successful completion of the security clearance process may not be required for every position but all candidates must be willing to submit to the process if requested by their manager according to the requirements of the position and business needs.
CliniComp, Intl. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled